CBD Oil for Pain
General types of Pain
Pain is an indispensable part of life and it is expressed in different forms and level of severity. Depending on the source, pain can be classified as neuropathic pain, cancer pain. inflammatory pain (triggered by arthritis, autoimmune diseases like ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, and Crohn’s disease). Depending on the level of severity, pain is classified as mild or chronic. Mild pains come in only last for a few moments and disappear while chronic pains are constant for more than 12 weeks.
Pains like those accompanying menstrual cramps and arthritis are unbearable and can make one unproductive and tire quickly. They can also rob you of sleep and cause anxiety. Many therapies have promised relief, but come with side effects that leave lasting marks. Some of these side effects may be life threatening if not handled properly.
What if there was a therapy that could offer one of the best analgesic property with little to no life-threatening side effects? Welcome to the world of CBD oil for pain and its promising analgesic properties. It has a long history of providing relief during menstrual cramps, reduce pain, promotes wound healing, reduced anxiety and depression and the list is endless. Let’s dive into the world of CBD oil and female health.
Benefits Of CBD for Pain Relief
The pain relieving properties of CBD have been discussed by several scientists, medical experts and clinical trials. CBD oil contains cannabidiol and comes from hemp plants which have the least THC content. Most CBD companies prefer to use the hemp plant in place of the marijuana plant since it contains more CBD with a lower concentration of THC (usually less than 0.2%). Hemp derived products provide a better CBD activity are legally accepted in most regions of the world.
CBD is a cannabis based, non-addictive, non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plants that has many health and therapeutic benefits. Research has shown how CBD possess anti-inflammatory, anxiolytic, analgesic, and antioxidant properties that set it apart from other chemicals extracted from the plant. Man has exploited these properties from time immemorial, but in recent times, many scientists have made mind-boggling findings of CBD and its use in conventional medicine.
The role of CBD in pain management cannot be over emphasized. This ability to treat several types of pain is largely attributed to CBD’s interaction with endocannabinoid receptors and have been discussed below:
- Arthritic pain and Post-exercise pain: CBD hemp oil also has used in relief from other forms of pain, such as arthritis and post-exercise pain. It also takes care of migraines, headaches, neuropathic pain, and gives relief in chronic conditions like cancers. The topical use of CBD oil provides relief with little systemic involvement. When you apply the CBD oil to a region, say the joints, the CBD into the synovial fluid between the bones and mops up all the inflammatory chemicals giving relief to the user. That helps in arthritis, which is the swelling and inflammation of joints, to provide the patients with relief, and allows the body part to function. CBD oil is beneficial because it does not have the common side effects of other anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Muscle strain: After strenuous exercise, some people experience muscle tension, and this tends to be painful. CBD hemp oil is of use at this time as it gives relief from muscle strain. It helps to release the lactic acid that has built up in the muscles during exercise and allow the muscles to revert to aerobic respiration, and recover quickly from the exercise strain.
- Inflammation induced pain: The cannabidiol that hemp oil contains also interacts with the immune system and prevents inflammatory processes. The cardinal signs for inflammation include redness, swelling, heat, and pain. In preventing inflammation, CBD oil covers the symptoms of inflammation too. And so, it relieves the patient of pains, swellings, and heat flushes. These include psoriasis and acne, along with rashes and painful pimples. CBD oil also increases skin turgidity and removes toxic products of stress and anxiety.
- Cancer treatment: There are evidences on how CBD can assist people dealing with cancer to live a pain free life. The antioxidant and anticancer properties of CBD have been explored in reducing the side effects of chemotherapy.
- PMS & menstrual cramps: CBD has anti-inflammatory property that counteracts the prostaglandins in the body. The prostaglandins cause reactions like inflammation of the uterine walls, release of other pain mediators, increased contraction of the uterus, and constriction of the blood vessels that supply the uterus. So naturally, those women with higher levels of prostaglandins will have pains that are more acute during the period. And sometimes, heavy bleeding will occur if there is excessive inflammation of the uterine walls.
How does CBD oil help during periods?
Many women have painful periods, and most are scared of that time of the month. The menstrual cramps they experience result from the interplay of hormones in their system, majorly estrogen and prostaglandins. To better understand how CBD oil works, we will briefly explain the workings of a female’s body at the time of her period.
The period is part of a cycle that we often refer to as the menstrual cycle. It has an ovulation phase, a pregnancy/regression phase, and an egg development phase. The clinical term for menstrual cramps or pain is dysmenorrhea.
The egg or follicle development is that period where new eggs develop to maturity and then drop into the fallopian tube. The drop is ovulation, and this phase is necessary for pregnancy to occur if the egg meets with sperm. If there is no pregnancy, the mature egg ruptures, and the uterus goes back to its former state. In this period, there is hormonal interplay, which sometimes causes the release of pain hormones like prostaglandins and histamines. That is the primary reason why women feel pain and other signs during their menstrual periods.
Some of the symptoms women experience during their periods include:
- Headaches and weakness
- Abdominal pain
- Strains around their inner thighs and lower back
- Acne and rashes
- Swollen and painful feet
- Nausea and diarrhoea
These signs can cause so much discomfort, and at this time of the month, most women are least productive.
So therapy that lowers the prostaglandin level in the blood during this time saves many troubles. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system in the body to help reduce inflammation and pain. It also brings about relaxation and stress relief without the addictive properties of THC.
CBD works by removing the free oxygen radicals caused by stress. That reduces the wearing of the cells and consequently reduces exhaustion. It also prevents the prostaglandins-releasing organs like the uterus from releasing prostaglandins, and this hampers the cascade of events that bring about pain and discomfort.
Its activity on the neurones also reduces mood swings that accompany periods. It keeps you relaxed and positive, giving you a clear head throughout this time. Thus, using CBD oil is beneficial to you because, like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, it prevents inflammatory processes and gives you relief. In addition to this, it does not have side effects on organs like the digestive tract organs and skin.
Since CBD prevents the inflammatory cells from releasing histamines, you do not need to fear acne and pimples when you have your periods. CBD in CBD oil gives you long-lasting relief from pain, and though other therapies like the use of a hot water bottle and NSAIDs may provide you with relief, you get additional benefits from the use of CBD oil.
Possible Side Effects?
Like every other chemical substance, the misuse of CBD oil as pain therapy can bring some unpleasant effects. Sometimes, depending on dose and dosage forms, they can have adverse effects on the body. Note that hemp oil and the CBD that it contains does not cause dependence and addictive effects, and it does not cause life-threatening impacts to the users.
Guidelines for CBD oil use
CBD oils come as tincture preparations that you can drop under your tongue or inside your cheeks where they can be absorbed through the small blood vessels inside the mouth and go directly into the bloodstream to act. The oil takes about 30-40 minutes to perform and give you relief from cramps and pains. Dropping the oil on your tongue will not enter into your blood effectively because there are fewer vessels on the tongue when compared to those beneath it.
Защо Kana Wonders?
Our specially formulated CBD product for menstrual pain (Let’s period better) is fitted with the right ingredient to promote healthy living, and reduce any PMS symptoms.
Our pure CBD products are also great for inflammatory reactions, stress, and anxiety. They have different strengths, and you can choose according to your preferences. Please note that these claims are from research and customer testimonials. Feel free to contact your doctor for medical advice.
You can ask us questions for clarity on how to use the CBD oils and any other directions that you may need.